Last Updated: January 1, 2020
For a list of Seattle Genetics, Inc. affiliates, click here.
PHARMACOVIGILANCE AND MEDICAL INFORMATION
For information about our data protection practices when you report an adverse event, provide safety data about our products, or request medical information, review our:
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect personal information and other information from and about individuals who interact with us and use our Services. We collect certain technical information automatically through your use of our websites, we collect information voluntarily provided to us, and we collect information from third party sources. The information collected depends on the purpose for which it is being collected. We may combine the information we collect from you with information we receive from third party sources.
Types of Information Collected
Email address, mailing address, telephone number, or other information that enables us to contact an individual directly
A real name, alias, unique personal identifier, online identifier, user name, Internet Protocol address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license or other state issued identification number, passport number
Age, gender, race or ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, religion or creed, marital status, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation
Medical condition and treatment, health insurance information, physical characteristics or description, genetic information (including familial genetic information)
Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data
Content of Communications
Information you post on our website or social media pages and information you provide through communications with us
Professional or employment-related information
Current or past job history, salary, skills, performance evaluations, curriculum vitae/resumes, educational records, identification documents, work permits
Technical information and Internet or other similar network activity
Device information, browser information, browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement
Geolocation data, including precise geolocation information
Physical location or movements
Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information
Inferences drawn from other personal information
Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes
Information Collected Automatically through our Websites
Information Provided Voluntarily
We collect information voluntarily provided by individuals when they interact with us (such as in person, by phone, and through the Services). For example, we collect information provided by:
- Healthcare Professionals who interact with us through a variety of activities, such as meetings, sales calls, scientific exchanges, advisory boards, patient assistance programs, consulting arrangements, market research, exhibits, presentations, conventions, or in our clinical trials
- Patients or Caregivers who enroll in or inquire about our programs, such as the SeaGen Secure® support program
- Clinical trial participants
- Persons who report an adverse event or product complaint
- Job applicants who inquire about or apply for a job
- Investors when they contact us or visit our websites
- Persons who request information about our products and programs
- Service providers and business partners with whom we have relationships
- Other individuals who interact with us in the course of our business
Information From Other Sources
Depending on the interaction or potential interaction that we may have with an individual, we can obtain different types of information about you from a variety of sources, including:
- Healthcare organizations
- Healthcare professionals
- Professional associations
- Business partners
- Research and development partners
- Clinical trial partners
- Contract research organizations
- Caregivers or guardians
- Clinical trial/study personnel
- Data brokers
- Service Providers
Here are some examples of how and why we might obtain personal information from third party sources:
- In our clinical trials, site investigators share pseudonymized personal data of clinical trial subjects with us and service providers (e.g., laboratories that process biological samples, vendors that provide trial subject randomization services and trial supplies) to conduct the trials.
- We buy data to understand attributes about healthcare professionals and patients such as geography, demographics, needs, specialization, affiliation, product usage, and attitudes.
- We collect personal information from and about patients and caregivers through activities such as advisory boards, market research, and our patient assistance and advocacy programs.
- We collect personal information about patients from healthcare professionals and caregivers (e.g., through our patient assistance programs).
- We may obtain personal information about job applicants or others with whom we may do business by performing reference checks or background screenings.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use personal information in a variety of ways to conduct our business and pursue our business interests. We use the personal information we collect to:
- Register and validate users of the Services
- Communicate with you for marketing and non-commercial purposes
- Respond to requests and inquiries
- Process job applications and administer the employment relationship
- Administer our programs and process enrollments
- Conduct clinical trials
- Conduct research and development
- Deliver products and services
- Improve our products and services
- Provide customer service
- Provide and gather information about disease states, developments in our therapeutic areas, our products and brands
- Administer surveys
- Perform analytics and provide targeted advertising
- Administer the Services, analyze trends, and gather demographic information about users
- Gain insight on our products, pipeline, strategic planning, and unmet medical needs
- Maintain system security
- Enter into agreements and enforce contractual rights and obligations
- Comply with laws and fulfill regulatory obligations (e.g., report on adverse events, process product complaints)
- Protect our rights and the rights of others
SHARING OR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share or disclose personal information to conduct our business and pursue our business interests (see How We Use Your Information above). For example:
- Your personal information may be shared among Seattle Genetics, Inc. and its affiliates who assist us in providing our services and conducting our business.
- We disclose information to healthcare professionals, third parties (vendors, suppliers, contractors and business partners), and government officials (e.g., law enforcement authorities, the courts, regulatory authorities).
- We disclose personal information to service providers and affiliates to conduct our business, provide products and services, respond to requests that you make, communicate with you, conduct market research and marketing activities, and provide information about products and disease and health related topics of interest.
- We share pseudonymized personal data from clinical trials with research and development partners and consultants to help in the conduct and planning for our clinical trials and products. We also share clinical trial data with government authorities to meet regulatory requirements.
- We share personal information provided by job applicants with third party recruiting agencies and platforms that perform services on our behalf.
- We will disclose information if we reasonably believe we are required to do so by law, regulation or other government authority (such as reporting safety information to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration), or if we believe it is necessary to protect our company, our website visitors, or others.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
Some of our websites or interactive features may contain links to third party websites or services that are not under our control or ownership. Such links do not constitute an endorsement of those third parties or the content displayed therein, and you agree that Seattle Genetics is not responsible for the content of such websites. We are not responsible for how these sites operate or treat your information. You acknowledge that we provide these links to you only as a convenience, and you understand that your information will be used as described by the third parties in their privacy policies.
DATA SECURITY AND STORAGE
We implement reasonable technical and organizational security measures to help protect personal data from accidental or unauthorized access, use, loss, destruction, disclosure or modification when transmitting or storing personal data. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know.
We retain information collected for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the information is collected, as required or permitted by applicable laws, or for other legitimate purposes such as disaster recovery, resolving disputes and enforcing our agreements. In some cases, we anonymize or deidentify personal information so that it can no longer be associated with an individual. In such cases, we may use the anonymized or deidentified data without further notice.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
Depending on where you reside, applicable laws may provide you with certain rights with respect to your personal data.
EU RESIDENTS: Click here for more information about your rights.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: Click here for more information about your rights.
NEVADA RESIDENTS: Nevada residents have a right to submit a verified request directing a website operator to not make any sale of covered information collected about the consumer to a person for such person to license or sell the information to additional persons, subject to certain exceptions. We do not sell covered information as it is defined under Nevada law.
Seattle Genetics, Inc.
21823 - 30th Drive S.E.
Bothell, WA 98021
Phone: 1 (425) 527-4000